Solo paddleboarding is tons of fun, but did you know that you can take the party and fun to a whole other level? Yes, with multi-person sups. So, whether you and your gang love to spend time paddling, surfing, or even fishing, we have you covered.
These extra-large iSUPs are more expensive than your regular boards. So, choose the right one for you from the beginning. To point you in the right direction, we will throw in a few tips on what to look out for when buying a multi-person paddleboard.
Tips On Buying Big Multi-Person Paddle Boards
Shape and Size
For stability, look for a large paddleboard with an expansive deck and rounded nose. Also, avoid iSUPs that are shorter than 11-feet long and 33-feet wide. Though, if you want to tour or race with your crew, look for a long, narrow paddleboard with a pointed nose.
Knowing the maximum weight capacity of the best multi-person board is crucial to the overall performance of the paddleboard. It could mean the difference between staying afloat and sinking under the weight of everyone onboard.
The general rule is that the bigger an inflatable paddleboard, the more weight it can support to remain stable. To determine the bottom line capacity, weigh yourself and your group of friends. Add a 10% margin to cater for any gear carried. So, make sure to check on this before making any purchase.
Everyone on the paddleboard should have enough space to sit, stand, or sunbathe based on the activity at hand without feeling cramped. There should also be enough space to paddle.
Since some multi-person paddleboard can weigh over 40lbs, carrying it in and out of the water must be effortless. Therefore, the large paddleboard should have several carry handles placed at strategic points.
No one wants to waste money on a large paddleboard that will last a few weeks or months. Consider going for a durable material for your best multi-rider paddleboard. It should withstand the weight of multiple paddlers without showing signs of tearing.
Look out for over two-person paddle boards that have extra accessories that can make your experience more enjoyable. For example, some boards have two pumps and paddles, which can save you a dollar or two.
Also, check for the presence of several D-rings, which could come in handy when you want to tether items. In addition, check for bungee storage areas for storing extra gear or lunch.
7 Best Big Multi-Person Paddle Board in 2021
1. DAMA Flywater Couple Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board
The DAMA Flywater Couple inflatable paddleboard measures 12-feet 2-inches long, 34-inches wide, and 6-inches thick. It can support a maximum weight of 550 lbs. It is ideal for two riders, although it can carry a third one.
The board has double handles at the top and middle to transport to and from the water. It has 14 D-rings to attach other accessories, easily dock, and convert the two-person paddleboard into a kayak. The bungee storage at the front and rear allows riders to secure their items without worrying they will fall into the water. In addition, it includes a camera mount so that you can capture every moment.
The package includes two paddles and safety leashes for riders, ensuring that you can all stay safe while enjoying the day out. For extra storage, the DAMA comes with one 15L dry bag to keep your valuables from getting wet. It also comes with a waterproof case to keep your phones dry.
- It has 14 D-rings to attach accessories and convert to a kayak.
- The DAMA comes with a waterproof phone case.
- It has plenty of bungee storage at the nose and tail.
- It comes with two safety leashes, a 15L dry bag, and a backpack case for the paddleboard.
- Has a one-year warranty.
- It is affordable.
- The third rider would need to buy a safety leash as the package only comes with two.
2. Bluefin Cruise SUP Package Stand Up Inflatable Paddle Board
Bluefin is known for quality, and the Bluefin Cruise is no exception. Its 1000 Denier Exo Surface Laminate PVC fabric with pro weave drop-stitch technology makes this board long-lasting, rigid and stable. Like the Tower Xplorer, the Bluefin Cruise has a long, narrow shape that is excellent for racing and touring.
It measures 15-feet long, 36-inches wide, and 6-inches thick. So, it can accommodate 2 to 3 people standing. It has a maximum capacity of 530 lbs.
The multi-person paddleboard has a kayak conversion kit that allows you to add a kayak seat in a few seconds. This board comes with an in-built GoPro mount to attach a GoPro to capture every memory. The mount is built-in for security purposes.
Each package comes with a two-piece paddle with a fiberglass shaft that cannot chip and get damaged with every use. The paddle’s end can also easily convert to accommodate the kayak paddle.
The brand believes in its product and offers a five-year warranty.
- Integrated GoPro mount.
- It can convert to a kayak in a few simple steps.
- The 8-inch center fin optimizes gliding.
- It offers impeccable stability and durability.
- Quick kayak conversion kit.
- 5-year warranty.
- The triple-layer construction makes the board heavy.
3. Solstice Multi-Person Inflatable Stand-Up Paddle Board
The Solstice Inflatable Stand up paddleboard is the largest multi-person board on this list. It measures a whopping 16-feet long, 50-inches wide, and 6-inches thick. It has a round nose for stability and can effortlessly support over one thousand pounds. This is equivalent to six people with some gear. However, the brand recommends a maximum weight of one thousand pounds.
The Solstice has 13 grab handles available for access and easy transportation. A heavy-duty duffel bag also comes in the package to help with storing the board and other accessories between use.
This over four-person paddleboard has bungee storage at the nose for keeping any accessories, cool boxes, and clothing needed on the trip. It also features a double pad-eye for docking and anchoring. Do you want to listen to some music on board? Go ahead and plug your speakers into the universal bow mount. It also allows you to attach a GoPro or microphone.
Three long, removable 10-inch skegs ensure that the board tracks straight and glides exceptionally in the water.
- It can support six people.
- It comes with a bow mount to attach a GoPro and other electronics to make your party more fun.
- Has extra-long skegs for optimal tracking.
- It comes with 13 grab handles and a heavy-duty duffel bag for easy transportation.
- The front bungee storage area may not provide as much storage as needed for six riders.
4. 11-Foot 6-inches Long Hippocamp Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board
The Hippocamp inflatable multi-person paddle board measures 11-feet 6-inches long, 34-inches wide, and 6-inches thick. It has a maximum capacity of 450 lbs which can support two to three riders at a go. Its wide round nose and deck offer the stability needed for any multi-rider iSUP.
This three-person paddleboard comes with loads of accessories that we have not seen in this review. It comes with a kayak seat, which you can attach to the board using D-rings in a few seconds. It also comes with two paddles, one for paddling your inflatable paddleboard and the other when you have converted your board to a kayak.
Apart from these, it also features an insulated cooler bag to keep food and drinks warm or cold. The fishing rod holders allow you to attach fishing gear during your group fishing trips. Finally, the portable, waterproof phone case keeps your phone dry and safe while having fun.
It also boasts an oversized 6-point bungee storage area at the front and a smaller 4-point space at the rear. The wax-free traction pad keeps you from slipping overboard. As with other SUPs, the Hippocamp also comes with one hand pump and a bag for storage and easy transportation.
- It comes with multiple accessories: an insulated cooler box, kayak seat, fishing rod holders, and a waterproof phone case.
- It has plenty of storage areas at the front and tail of the paddleboard.
- The board can accommodate up to 3 people.
- It has heat-welded seams for durability.
- It offers value for money.
- It is not ideal for long hikes to the water because of its weight.
- The carry-on bag is also not as strong as others in this list and may wear out faster.
5. Driftsun Orka 12 Foot Extra Wide Multi Person Inflatable Paddle Board
The Driftsun Orka measures 12-feet long, 42-inches wide, and 8-inches thick. It has a capacity of 550 lbs which can support at most three people. The 42-inch deck, 8-inch thickness, and removable fin make it very stable. The stability makes it excellent for use as a fishing or diving platform. It is also suitable for river use and can hold well against small waves.
This camping paddle has a front bungee storage area to keep fishing or any other gear desired. You do not have to fear wear and tear as Driftsun makes the Orka from high-grade PVC that does not get damaged easily.
You can conveniently operate this over two-rider paddleboard alone or as a group. For easy transportation, Driftsun added 12 durable handles. It also features a bag to store the paddleboard and other gear between use. The package also comes with two dual-action pumps that make inflation and deflation convenient.
Unfortunately, the package does not feature any paddle. So, you have to purchase this on the side.
- Durable construction
- It has a 550 lbs capacity that can support up to 3 people with gear.
- The 42-inch deck offers stability.
- It has 12 handles and a carry bag for portability.
- It comes with two hand pumps for easy inflation and deflation.
- You can use it on rivers, lakes, and waters with small waves.
- The package does not come with any paddles.
6. Tower Xplorer Inflatable 14-Foot Long Multi-Person Stand Up Paddle Board
The Tower Xplorer 14-foot paddleboard measures 14-feet long, 32-inches wide, and 8-inches thick. The Tower Xplorer comes long and narrow and offers the excellent speed needed for racing. It also maneuvers well, making it suitable for touring.
It has a maximum capacity of 800 lbs, but because of its narrow width, having over two riders may pose a challenge because of space. The complete package comes with one hand pump and one collapsible paddle.
- Easy to maneuver
- There’s a capacity limit of 800lbs.
- It is ideal for touring and racing.
- It can accommodate only two people.
- It only comes with one paddle and a hand pump.
7. GILI 15-Foot Manta-Ray Multi-Person Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board
This GILI multi-person iSUP measures 15-feet long, 56-inches wide, and 8-inches thick. The board can act as a diving platform because the enormous width and thickness offer stability. It has a huge weight capacity of 1150 lbs, which can withstand the weight of over five people with some gear. The board comes in an exciting orange or blue color.
GILI knows a party out on the water needs plenty of storage space for coolers and other equipment, so the over two-person paddleboard has two bungee systems. The front bungee area has more room because it has 6 D-rings. The rear system has a smaller space than the front with 4 D-rings. However, you can choose to remove either bungee area for more deck space.
In addition, the 15-foot Manta Ray comes with four Scotty and five action mounts to attach fishing rods, cup holders, a GoPro camera, and whatever other equipment you need. GILI provides a 9-inch snap-in race fin and 4-inch snap-in side fins to track straight and glide better on the water.
More than one person can paddle as the package comes with two paddles suitable for people of all skill levels. You also do not have to worry about where to keep the paddles when sunbathing or not paddling, as the Manta Ray boards come with dual paddle holders.
It has several handles available everywhere on board to help move the board to and from the water. Also, if you fall into the water, the handles assist you to climb back on board. The package also features a spacious rolling duffel bag to transport the entire board and other accessories.
Forget about struggling to pump the 15’ Manta-Ray SUP because it comes with two double-chamber hand pumps.
- Front and rear bungee system
- The package includes two hand pumps and paddles
- The 15-foot-long Manta can support over five people.
- Each board has several grab handles and a duffel bag for portability.
- Excellent for the river and lake.
- It is not for rough water.
Who knew there were many options to have fun on the water with friends and family?
We hope our review will help you make your decision when buying your next multi-person paddleboard.
Did you find an excellent match on our list? We would love to hear from you in the comment section below.