The Sevylor kayaks have become popular and are primarily used during the summer. If you need a flashy and less costly dinghy, the Sevylor kayaks will be your best bet as they are pocket-friendly and come with lots of features. Besides, these collections are tough, durable, stable, and lightweight, making them one of the most preferred kayaks in the market.
Before kayak companies like the Sevylor entered the market, kayak enthusiasts would hire kayaks on an hourly basis, which would cost them a lot. However, the introduction of inflatable kayaks relieved them from this consistent and unnecessary spending. Today, kayak enthusiasts can now purchase Inflatable kayaks at relatively affordable rates from one of the best kayaking brands—the Sevylor.
But what are some of the best Sevylor inflatable kayaks in the market today? There are a couple of them you could choose from, but this can be challenging if this is your first time purchasing a kayak. So what are the best Sevylor kayaks in the market? In this post, I’ll walk you through the seven best Sevylor inflatable kayaks you can opt for. Heck, I’ll even guide you on how to choose one from the list.
An Overview of Sevylor Boat Brand
Sevylor is one of the most reputable kayaking and boat brands ever to have existed. It came to light in 1948 and, since then, has been manufacturing top-quality boating equipment—inflatable kayaks, SUPs, and boats. The ownership of the Sevylor was transferred to the National Ventures of Huntington Bach in 2004, and the company has kept the company in good shape since then.
There’s every reason why most anglers and kayaking enthusiasts love this brand. Since the company came to light, they have manufactured top-quality products with their customers in mind. The Sevylor company manufactures its products in China but sells them globally.
And because it values its customers, it ensures that every boat, kayak, and SUPs they manufacture is tested and proven. This is why their kayak’s bladders are made from PVC materials, which you can also quickly remove if needed (maybe for maintenance purposes). Besides, its kayak’s outer materials are made of heavy-duty materials to ensure that its internal bladders are safe.
What’s more, you’ll never have to dig deep into your pockets to acquire the Sevylor kayaks—they feature affordable, high-quality worth an investment.
7 Best Sevylor Inflatable Kayaks, SUPs, and Boats
1. Sevylor Big Basin 3-Person Kayak
This three-person kayak has a large basin variant made of rigid PVC and has a Tarpaulin base. Furthermore, due to its robust and well-constructed character, it has a minimal chance of puncture.
You can try this kayak if you want to take your family on a water adventure. The materials used to build it make your family adventure safer because they can withstand harsh weather conditions like waves and tides.
Furthermore, the numerous air chambers will help you get back to shore if you get into trouble while on the lake. Even so, this inflatable has air chambers that aid in preventing sinking while in the lake.
Boston valves are integrated into this kayak for easy inflation and deflation. It also has three adjustable seats, which makes it more comfortable for all-day kayaking.
This craft also includes spray covers, which will keep you dry for the duration of your vacation. It also has a footrest, which forces you to stretch your legs while keeping your balance.
- The gear’s design is intended to be solid and durable
- It comfortably accommodates up to three persons
- This Inflatable is both for entertainment and fishing.
- This Big Basin is an open boat in which you may sit or kneel.
- The inflated is light enough for one person to load onto the cabin of a larger watercraft.
- It is easy to inflate the balloon—it only takes ten minutes to be inflated
- The craft is easy to paddle.
- In case of any leakage, it can be difficult to patch the front chamber
- The craft’s lightweight construction allows it to float away simply.
- You can feel the waves beneath you because of the soft floor.
2. Sevylor Quikpak K1 1-Person Kayak
This kayak type is the best choice if you don’t want to spend more time packing your water gear because it only takes five minutes to inflate, with a high-pressure hand pump provided to help you.
This design allows you to extend your legs and arms back more efficiently, allowing you to paddle more comfortably in the water. Fill the cargo net in the front with food and supplies, and keep your drink in the cupholder close at hand.
This craft is built from PVC fabric 21 gauge with a Taurplain base and is guaranteed to last longer without leaking. Additionally, it has many air chambers that are puncture-free design—meaning that if one is ruptured, the others will come to your rescue to keep the craft afloat.
Moreover, this watercraft has a backrest and multi-position footrest allowing you to sit and relax while floating down a river or lake.
You can effortlessly transport the kayak across shallow water and in and out of the water with the lift handle. The hard floor, flat base, and three-chamber construction preserve the kayak’s solid shape on the water and provide additional security if you become entangled.
Additional air chambers make the kayak’s puncture-free design; if one is ruptured, the others will come to the rescue to keep the equipment afloat. The backrest and multi-position footrest allow you to sit back and relax while floating down a river or lake.
- It’s easy to setup allowing you to spend more time on the water
- This kayak has a backpack making it easy to transport
- It has a 21-gauge PVC design making it rugged for lake use
- The kayak hasTarpaulin base that provides durable protection from punctures
- This inflatable has many air chambers that guarantee safety in case of a puncture
- It has double Lock valves use for easy inflation and deflation
- This craft has a backrest that allows you to lean back while enjoying your ride
- The multi-position footrest will enable you to choose the most comfortable position.
- The US Coastguard has not approved this craft.
- The seat is quite difficult to move.
- This company’s customer service is atrocious.
- The Sevylor company doesn’t offer after-sale services.
3. Sevylor Quikpak K5 1-Person Kayak
This kayak is best for solo travelers; unlike groups, they are less intimidating and more approachable. It comes with an integrated mobile backpack with adjustable paddles, thus making it best for short and tall people. Furthermore, you can also use the backpack to store all your belongings and inflatable accessories.
The ingenious backpack system transports everything you need to get started and eventually folds out to become your kayak’s seat. These seats are adjustable for more comfortability for the best kayaking experience. This kayak is made from a 24-gauge PVC structure, rigid tarpaulin bottom, and thick polyester cover that can withstand the lake’s rigors.
This Quikpak is ideal if you don’t want to spend extra time packing your water gear because it simply takes five minutes to inflate and comes with a double lock valve and a high-pressure hand pump to assist you. Additionally, it also has a tough polyester covered at the base of the tarpaulin and a 24-gauge PVC structure that should keep punctures at bay.
This kayak also has D-rings for connecting extra accessories. The bungee is a long rubber band encased in nylon to secure luggage—which acts as a storage system.
Furthermore, if you run into difficulties on the lake, the various air chambers will assist you in getting back to shore. Nonetheless, this inflatable includes air chambers that help to keep it from sinking in the water.
The Quikpak spray coverings assist in keeping you dry from splashed water. The D-Rings and bungee storage spaces allow you to bring more conveniently accessible goods on your journey.
- You can convert the backpack of this kayak into a seat
- It has a Tarpaulin base and a polyester overlay that gives it a long-lasting puncture protection
- This kayak’s many air chambers allow another to remain inflated if one is punctured
- This inflatable features two lock valves for simple inflation and deflation
- It also includes a hand pump and paddle for effortless mobility while in the water
- It comes with a one-year guarantee
- It is expensive to acquire this kayak
- It is highly toxic—since it is made from toxic phthalates
- This kayak can get faulty if used for an extended period.
4. Sevylor Tahiti Plus Kayak
This inflatable can accommodate up to three passengers comfortably. It has a measurement of 3.61 meters by 0.9 meters with a loading capacity of 200 kgs. Besides, this kayak comes with a place for storing your luggage while kayaking.
This Tahiti has several features and many air chambers to assure your safety and stability when kayaking. It also has inflated side and floor chambers with an I-beam structure for easy balancing while kayaking. Furthermore, this kayak is made using heavy-duty PVC materials, which are solid and long-lasting.
This Tahiti also features an inbuilt Sevytest control valve to increase accuracy while inflating the kayak, which shows a red bar if more or less air is needed, and a green bar if the pressure is correct.
Moreover, it is furnished with Boston valves which makes it easy to inflate and deflate. This two-way valve allows you to regulate the air that goes and comes out of the kayak’s chambers. Additionally, this kayak also has a backpack system that will enable you to wheel it around once you’ve finished using it, making transporting and storage easy.
This inflatable also has adjustable seats, which make you comfortable in your adventure. However, this kayak is more suitable for two adults and a child, and you can use it both in fishing and kayaking.
- They are easy to inflate and deflate as it takes only five minutes to do so
- It is choppy and can withstand harsh weather conditions
- It has adjustable seats for comfortability
- This kayak is safe to ride on because it has additional air chambers
- The Tahiti also comes with a backpack for storage and easy transportation after use
- This kayak is solid and durable
- They can be inflated in 5 minutes with a hand pump and are easy to transport due to their small weight space for two adults and a child.
- This kayak’s Boston valve can be faulty.
- Their seats continuous slip if you sit on them for long
- This kayak needs a lot of maintenance, making it to be expensive
- Long use of this inflatable can cause back pain
5. Sevylor Unisex Adventure Plus
This Canadian kayak works well in areas experiencing temperate climates of between 18°C to 22°C. Moreover, it has a measurement of 3.14 meters by 0.88 meters and can accommodate up to 0.165 tonnes. This kayak is ideal for only two users.
This inflatable also has a Boston valve that makes inflation and deflation much easier, as well as a manometer that allows you to regulate the amount of pressure you exert on your kayak. Furthermore, this product is made from a polyester hull that contains two PVC air chambers with an I-beam, which guarantees your safety and stability while kayaking.
For a fun and exciting fishing experience in shallow waters, this kayak is your best option. It also has adjustable seats which can move forth and back to improve your comfortability during your adventure. Furthermore, they also come with a paddle made from aluminum, a package full of accessories for its repair and maintenance.
- Because of its steadiness in adverse weather, this kayak is ideal for fishing on the seashore
- This inflatable has Boston valves for simple inflation and deflation and a manometer for pressure management.
- The kayak seats are simple to adjust and remove, and they provide a great deal of comfort when paddling.
- This kayak has a sturdy polyester hull, two PVC side chambers, and an i-beam base to increase the water’s stability and safety.
- The boat is quite sturdy and simple to paddle, and the kids fit comfortably on the seats.
- It is pretty easy to turn because of its flat bottom.
- This kayak is prone to leakage when old
- It is costly to repair when damaged
- It is difficult to inflate this craft when the valves are airtight
- It lacks a footrest, thus challenging to stretch your legs while kayaking
6. Sevylor Fiji 2-Person Kayak
This inflatable shares the exact cost as a 1-person kayak. It is pocket-friendly, and you can use it with your partner. Additionally, it’s possible to kayak in it solo because the front seat is removable.
Furthermore, this Fiji comes with adjustable seats, which are flexible and guarantees your comfort while kayaking. The front seats can be removed, creating more space for your luggage and other accessories. This watercraft is also made from 22-gauge PVC, which is leak-free and can stand high ocean tides and waves; thus, your safety is guaranteed.
Moreover, this kayak also has several air chambers that act as security if one perforates, and you can safely get back to the seashore. These air chambers can hold over 400 lbs, making it ideal for two adults to ride on it comfortably.
Furthermore, spray coverings are included with this craft to protect you from splashes while kayaking. It also has one paddle and a tote bag making it easy to transport. It doesn’t come with the Boston valves, but you must purchase the air pump separately or use your old one.
This kayak measures 10.4 meters by 2.9 meters. PVC 22 gauge is used to make the boat. Unfortunately, there is no indication of a tarpaulin base. Punctures and rips are, nevertheless, effectively reduced.
- It’s straightforward to put up, and there is plenty of space.
- This kayak has been a lot of fun because of its adjustable seats for comfortability.
- The kayak is simple to inflate and deflate, and it stayed afloat on the lake for several hours without losing air.
- The inflatable is big enough for you to do your fishing activity
- This kayak is spacious to accommodate two adults.
- It lacks a tarpaulin which offers a watertight and secure shelter while kayaking
- This inflatable lacks a manual to guide you on how to inflate and deflate it.
- It is not ideal for those individuals who are big-bodied
- This kayak can not withstand shallow waters with rock in it
- It lacks footrest, thus reduce g your comfortability while adventuring
7. Sevylor Coleman Colorado 2-Person Fishing Kayak
This kayak is the most popular brand for fishing activities, with over 20 million people worldwide using it. It has a backpack for easy transportation, and you can keep it in one of your rooms or closet because of its diminutive nature.
Furthermore, it comes with a trolling engine mounted on the bow or stern of a fishing craft, which gently moves the vessel through the water to prevent spooking the fish. It is also made from PVC materials making it solid and durable for an extended period without damage.
This inflatable has a very high speed since it contains a 12v electric engine that powers its movement on your ride. Even better, this trolling motor is light and small in size, making it possible to be placed even in the trunk of your car.
The backpack system transports everything you’ll need to get started and then folds out to become the seat of your kayak. It has a built-in movable backpack and adjustable paddles, ideal for short and tall individuals. But that’s not all—this inflatable can store all your luggage and accessories in the backpack. You can also adjust the chairs for more comfort.
- This craft is durable and needs minimum repair
- It is pocket friendly
- This kayak has enough space for fishing activities
- It comes with a backpack for easy storage
- The craft has many D-rings that protects your gear while kayaking
- It is super portable
- It only comes with a one-year warranty period
- The paddles and the pump are not included in the package
- It is not an excellent craft to track performance
- Improvements to air valves are not possible
What Factors Should I Consider Before Buying Boats, SUPs, And Kayaks From Sevylor
If you want to acquire a kayak, you should figure out the activities you’ll be doing with it. It’s essential to spend more on a high-quality, long-lasting kayak to create high-performance. Likewise, if you’re looking for more relaxed and touring-oriented kayaks, be sure to find those with such features.
Before you buy a kayak, you’ll need to know how many passengers it can accommodate. Consider if you’ll be the only one using the kayak or whether you’d want some company while paddling. One-seater, two-seater, or three-seater are the three choices always available in the market.
3. Fishing Needs
If you plan to use your kayak for fishing, opt for one that has a thick layer of durable nylon cover on the inside flooring. This will protect your inflatable kayak from punctures caused by sharp fishing equipment.
You should consider the features of your craft. It’s essential to find a carrying case that will allow you to store and transport your inflatable to your preferred destination. Additionally, you should search for a drainage plug so that you can drain the water from the kayak whenever needed. Luckily, Sevylor’s inflatable kayak bundle includes a carrying case for all of its goods to help in transportation purposes.
The outside of the dual-skin kayaks is composed of nylon, which protects the rubber material of the kayak’s inner tubes. The dual-skin design allows you to drag your kayak down the beach’s surface without spoiling it.
Sevylor is among the most outstanding inflatable watercraft producers. The company manufactures a wide range of air-filled watercraft, including kayaks, SUP boards, canoes, and different leisure boats. The brand is recognized so that, for its reasonably priced goods, in addition to its guaranteed quality.